Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Enzyme Concentrates: A Versatile Addition for Any Kitchen - My Favourite Mulberry Enzyme

A favourite multi-functional Mulberry Enzyme.



Nowadays one of my favourite way to supplement the diet is to use high quality functional foods. Enzyme concentrates are one of these.

I used to make my own enzymes using natural lacto-fermentation, but it not easy to control the quality of the ferment and know the strains of the microbes that you are consuming.

So those that are made by good companies are very much treasured because they are so versatile. I drink them neat, add water to them to make a cocktail, use them as dips, starters for other kinds of fermentation e.g. kimchi and in all manners of dressings. The family does not know what magic hit their guts.

I like this by Straits Wholefoods Company very much. They are smooth, silky and sweetly tangy. They also use oligo - a mono sugar -which is perfect:





No comments:

Post a Comment